The Worcester Cultural Coalition seeks a Special Projects Coordinator (SPC) to assist and grow with the Jean McDonough Arts Center (JMAC) family of creative spaces: the Worcester PopUp and BrickBox Theater, which are operated in partnership with The Hanover Theater for the Performing Arts. With a capacity of 290 in the BrickBox and 100 in the PopUp, the JMAC is a flexible venue that hosts a wide range of small-to-mid-sized events. Collectively, the JMAC is a community art and performance space tasked with providing a unique and much needed platform for growth for Worcester’s creative communities, educational institutions, and cultural entrepreneurs.
POSITION PURPOSE + DESCRIPTION/
The JMAC SPC will:
- support the PopUp and BrickBox Managing Directors with administrative duties, venue management, and event management, including serving as event staff as needed.
- create graphic design and promotional materials, manage social media accounts, and maintain the JMAC website.
- report directly to both Managing Directors, Hank von Hellion (PopUp) and Olivia Scanlon (BrickBox) on a minimum weekly basis with daily briefs as needed, as determined by the Managing Directors.
- maintain a flexible schedule comprised of daytime office hours, event hours, and remote hours, not to exceed 40 hours total.
The ideal SPC candidate has:
- meticulous attention to detail.
- a personality that lends itself to outstanding customer-service.
- excellent skills in graphic design and writing.
- equal ability to self-direct and follow direction.
The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented, edited, or added to as needed. The SPC will:
- design all digital and printed promotional materials .
- write copy for JMAC promotional material and newsletters.
- maintain all JMAC social media accounts while implementing strategies for audience growth.
- update and maintain JMAC website, including but not limited to keeping all calendars current, proofreading/updating all relevant links, and creating copy as needed.
- research, record, and report social media and website metrics for monthly and quarterly reports or as needed for special projects.
- staff events, be outgoing and proactive with visitors, and network when the opportunity presents itself.
Additionally, the SPC will:
- work as a collaborative team member along with the PopUp and BrickBox Managing Directors, and other THT and WCC staff as needed.
- maintain a professional and welcoming attitude for all JMAC guests, presenters and visitors.
- remain in full compliance with the rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the JMAC -- employees, contractors, and volunteers who violate company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- be reliably punctual when reporting to work and when delivering work on deadline Process event applications and facility inquiries for delivery to Managing Directors.
- perform general front desk duties, such as giving tours of the space
- serve as manager-on-duty from time to time, when Managing Directors are not on site.
- maintain email, phone and general correspondence and other administrative duties.
- represent the JMAC as an ambassador at promotional or other offsite events, e.g. college fairs.
COMPENSATION + START DATE/
The SPC will receive $17/hour and be eligible for benefits. Work begins on or before May 1, 2021.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject SPC Application.